Monday, January 25, 2010

Christmas All Year Long at Magnolia-licious ..... Sepia style:)

Good Morning everyone !! Today were going to brighten up your Monday with this out of the ordinary hop LOL! This has to be for us ladies that couldn't get our Christmas cards finished on time or even if you want an early head start for the coming year. I think it's a fabulous idea. Every 25Th we will have a blog hop to present our Christmas cards. I hope you have enjoyed it so far. Your almost towards the end.If your coming from Peggie's then your in the right order:) Today i decided to do something out of my comfort zone LOL! One it's a side step card LOL! I never done them before but geez it was a challenge at first. When it was all scored it was easy peacy LOL!! Second i TRIED doing it monochrome style and i think it ended up looking like sepia HAHAHA!! Well after the first colored image i said i like it so i kept doing it. I colored them with my letrasets. It did end up with a distressed effect which i did like so I'm happy. I just need to practice more though on blending. I got a good tip from a lady named Debbie( The Crafty Cuttings of Wiccababe ) she designs for Passion for promarkers. So thanks to her i was brave enough to give it a try. I gave the girls a pinch of rose on their cheeks. Sideways Maggie , I'm not sure if she's a dalecarlia girl or not to be honest with you. I know the other one is Dalecarlia coat Maggie. I was so tempted to keep on giving them more pink lol! I HAD TO HOLD MYSELF BACK LOL! I didn't see these images at Diana's store right now but if your interested email her she should be able to help you. I did see winter night background there now though. Diana is constantly stocking up so I'm sure you will be able to find them soon. Oh another thing in honor of our Christmas hop, Diana would be putting a Christmas stamp on sale on the first of each month. If I'm not mistaken she has Holly letter and i believe Santa's helper on sale now. Even after her great prices so don't walk RUN by over there.

OK ENOUGH of my blah blah. This is my card i came up with , please be gentle on me and tell me what you think??(closing my eyes)



Here is a closer look of each





and when it's closed

I hope your having fun and now it's time to jump right into the so talented Tracey Gordon at Tray's Spot . I thank you for taking the time to do this with us and enjoy the rest of your day. Feel free to leave me some loooovvvee i LOVE SOME LOVINNN HAHA!
challenges that i will participate this card so far

A Spoon Full of Sugar layering
Cutie Stampers Magnolia
Passion for ProMarkers girls girls girls
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge WINTER
http://aspoonfullofsugarchallenge.blogspot.com/ freestyle

35 comments:

  1. very fun Ruby! love your take w/the different look!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a cool looking card. Great job
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ruby, this was truly worth the wait! What a gorgeous card done in the monochromatic style. I love this, but would be too afraid to try it for myself. Your card sketch is wonderful - haven't tried on of those yet either. Gorgeous work....hugs...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love it.... You did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous! It's so special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that is gorgeous. I love the style of you chose. Great job!

    Thanks for joining us in the Christmas All Year Long Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruby, I think this is just lovely! Beautiful scene you have created! Awesome job! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Ruby, I was here earlier and no card, So I really like your card, and the way you colored the image, I always like to try new stuff out too!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruby this is fantastic! I am not brave enough to try one of these myself. You did a beautiful job! Wonderful card, hun! I love it!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautifull Ruby !! I love it.

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow--very different and VERY beautiful! Reminds me of when I was little--an antique feel! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...this is a cool card. Great job with the monochromatic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG.... Ruby this is AMAZING, SUPER, PRETTY, BRILLIANT, STUNNING and did I mention that i Love this. So much to look at and such an amazing scene- Ok u know my address!!!!!! LOL. Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful card. Love the colors. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ruby your card is beautiful!!! You have done a fabulous job!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your card in Sepia! Very nicely done!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card. Such a unique color combination. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this sepia look Ruby!!! You did a terrific job on the whole card!!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't tried one of these cards yet,you
    did a great job.
    Linda W.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is wonderful, despite your hesitation! What a unique idea, carried through beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, your card is amazing. My jaw hit the desk when I click on your blog. Thanks for playing at Fussy and Fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! Your card is amazing! What a neat creation.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ruby, your card is amazing. I love the sepia look. Terrific idea and you did a brilliant job of it.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful and stunning mono color with the addition of pink. Very pretty Ruby!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ruby, this card is truly wonderful. Thanks for playing along at PfP this week.
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Ruby, wow what an amazing card. Your colouring is fantastic and very vintage!! I'm so glad Debbi has been an inspiration to you :)Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW - that is some work of art - I hope who ever ends up receiving it appreciates how much effort went into it!! Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with us at PFP.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ruby, stunning, I love everything about this wonderful work of art. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card, love the slight touches of pink. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW WOW WOW! RUBY THIS IS FABULOUS! I am SO in LOVE with this card! The stairstep is perfect for this scene! And it is a WONDERFUL scene, I might add! I absolutely LOVE the sepia tone! It is SUCH a great touch! Great job Sweetie!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a gorgeous card! I love the soft colors. What a gorgeous scene you have created!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful work. You have so many elements and put it all together in such a pretty manner.

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW!!!!! Ruby this card is SO AWOSOME! Do you color for anyone??

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ruby, you have done a fabulous job
    you will get slightly different effects with the 3 different grey sets
    cool greys
    warm greys
    and ice greys
    but your scene looks wonderful, well done you
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment and leaving me with a smile :)