Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Colors of Autumn!


LOOONG POST so be ready for my waffling!!
My MIC Cynthia post is right under this post or just click HERE.

Hello friends me again! Do you feel the fall breeze coming in?? I DO and it's my FAVORITE season!!! You give me my coffee turn on a seasonal candle and you have a happy Ruby all day!!!!
Although some days just feels like winter over here!!?? not fun :( 

I wanted to share my "Autumn" take for this month DT challenge at Little Darlings Inspiration blog.

 Also it's my turn to share my tips and Ideas on the Spectrum Noir Inspiration blog. I have the oh so popular Saturated Canary,"Autumn". I'm showcasing her on a bright easel card with fun fall colors.
Here come check them out my pictures and now due to the size of the card. I had to get camera happy and take as many as possible in order to get all angles lol!





Look at that fun ponytail to color!!! I have colored her with my Spectrum Noir pens :)


My sentiment is from the Little Darlings Warm Fuzzies sentiment line "Fall Harvest" Collection designed by our lovely 
Mindy Baxter! I think it suits the card theme don't you think? 
"Red, Orange and brown are the colors of my town. Fall is here again"!

*************************************
As I mentioned to you it was my turn to share my tips and ideas on the SN team. Do you want to see how I colored her hair? Well come on back to this post because due to bad pixs I have to re-do the whole tute, LOL!!! 

You know what ...... let me just put the pictures I have now and I'll be back later to substitute them with crispier pixs.

I decided I wanted to keep the highlights in the center of her ponytail this time. My markers for this brown combo are EB5, EB8 GB2 and GB10


The first step is laying my EB5 where the shadows will more likely sit. Mainly under a falling curl, on the root of the head and where layers interlock.If you notice I only laid skipping pleats on her crown. That helps create a pulled back pony tail :)


Second, I take GB10 and pull the EB5 outward towards the center. Repeat over all the sections where you laid EB5.

Once you have done that,  go ahead and fill in the remaining white area with GB2.  Do not worry if it looks uneven at the moment.


Then repeat the same process, pulling outwards to the center, with GB2. Make sure you blend out from the edge of the darker color.

It is important you do not sit your light color on top of your darker colors, as you will loose your shading. 


Now to give it a smooth blend. I personally like the tip to tip technique with these pens because they are so juicy it makes it easy to just do it this way.


If you wish to pick up ink from Acrylic block or whatever other preference is good for you, that works as well.

We need to pick up a bit of the darker color (GB10) with our lightest (GB2). Again, use the same routine of blending outward to the lightest area.
Your final step should be going back and touching up your dark colors so you do not lose the shading USE EB8 FOR DARK SHADING.

and whala this is the result to a fun ponytail.
I hope I gave you some motivation in giving this a try. As always delighted to share my tips.
Happy Coloring!

Spectrum Noir Recipe

Skin: FS1, FS2, FS3, TN1, TN2
Hair: GB2, GB10, EB5, EB8
Boots: DG1, DG2, DG3, DG4
Leaves: GB3, TN1, DR1, DR2, DR4, DR6, DR7
 Dress: DG2, TB1, IB1,IB2, TN1,EB2,EB3,DR1,DR2,DR6
Lips: CR3,CR4
Floor Dotted Leaves: DG2, DG3, IG10, BG4, TN6, DR4
Ground: GB3, GB4, GB6, GB9, TN1
BACKGROUND: IG

************************************************

ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION!!!

A special announcement! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!!!!!! WE WUV YOU Zoe!!!!

We thought it would be fun to share the excitement of today and as a fun way to get everyone involved we have a surprise for you!! Check out this image especially drawn for Zoe by Little Miss Muffet Stamps which features a Sweetheart dress for any occasion with a festive Gumnut flower sun hat. The Zoe hatter image will be available as a freebie for today only in celebration for Zoe's Birthday!! How cool is that??!! If you want to play along, just email Barbara at ForgottenScraps@gmail.com and as long as it's September 27th anywhere in the world then the offer is still open!! Share you're creations in the MIC FB Group too_ we'd love to see what you make!

Well that's it for me today and I'll be back sooner then you know it. 
Thanks for all your love, Ruby

CHALLENGES WHAT!!!!???? LOL!
Oh yeah playing today!!!!

Deep Ocean Challenge   more than two colors. Umm yeah got the whole rainbow here.
Crafty Sentiments Autumn colors


16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card Ruby,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers and the details.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Rubes. Goodness I need those SC images....
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your new follower after seeing your amazing creation on the little darlings blog, and left my comment there...beautiful.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, ruby! your card is beautiful! i really love how you colored your image. i'm just learning with the spectrum noirs. any tips on bleeding out of the lines problems? thanks for the very helpful tutorial on the hair coloring, karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning card Ruby, your colouring is amazing and your eye for details is fantastic too, marvelous card I love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow and wow again Ruby! Omg how much i LOVE your colouring! Thanks for sharing all those precious tips and this cool creation with us at Deep Ocean this forthnight!

    Huuuuugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! this is truly gorgeous,a real work of art and your colours/ colouring are just amazing.What a sweetie she is -love it all.hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, Ruby, this is sensational....adore your coloring of this beautiful SC image!!!!!
    WOW....her hair, along with everything else, is absolutely exquisite! The background sky/clouds is spectacular...how'd you do it????
    P.S. thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments. Good luck.

    Caz xx CSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely card Ruby, beautiful colouring !!

    hugs Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I already commented on this gorgeous creation but I guess I didn't. Stunning coloring Ruby, what can I say! And thanks for showing us your coloring process on this cutie's hair! I'd love to see how you did your background ;) hint hint

    big hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous tut Ruby. Beautiful hair coloring...well not only hair, all your coloring work is stunning!!!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, Hugs,. Brittany, xx
    http://mymagnoliacardsbybrittany.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome colorful and pencil painting.....I love the letter style here......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Ruby. Thanks for the tutorial.
    Always need those.
    your colouring is beautiful.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ruby this is just beautiful. Lucky me i had just received my "Autum" stamp! I can not wait to color her up. Your tut on her hair is very helpful....Would you consider doing a tut on your background? I love your clouds! Please????

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment and leaving me with a smile :)